Permanent URI for this collection
Now showing 1 - 5 of 10
- Item[Review of "Rejoicing: Or the torments of religious speech" by Bruno Latour](University of Alberta Press, 2014) Ramp, WilliamBook review
- Item[Review of "Rethinking the political: the sacred, aesthetic politics, and the College de Sociologie" by Simonetta Falasca-Zamponi](University of Alberta Press, 2012) Ramp, William; Durkheim, Emile, 1858-1917Book review
- ItemThe elementary forms as political (a)theology(University of Alberta Press, 2014) Ramp, WilliamDurkheim’s Elementary Forms of Religious Life examines a fundamental intercalation of selfhood, sociality and cosmology, but as a response to a particular political context, it may also speak to contemporary issues of sovereignty and democracy. Reading the Elementary Forms in this context, and in light of Durkheim’s references to monarchy, absolutism and revolution, is suggestive of an approach to such issues which resists sacrifice of the social to the sovereign, whether hierarchical or popular.
- Item[Review of "For Durkheim: essays in historical and cultural sociology" by Edward A. Tiryakian](University of Alberta Press, 2010) Ramp, WilliamBook review
- Item[Review of "Godless intellectuals: The intellectual pursuit of the sacred reinvented" by Alexander Tristan Riley](University of Alberta Press, 2010) Ramp, WilliamBook review